To serve and support the Public, City Council, other City Council appointed governing bodies, and City Staff with a high standard of service in the management, preservation of, and accessibility to the official City records and legislative actions; to administer and conduct elections ensuring the integrity of the democratic process; and to provide these services efficiently with the utmost professionalism, with a commitment to open and transparent governance.
The city clerk plays a key role in ensuring that Vernon's government is run effectively. The clerks' responsibilities include:
- certifying and maintaining the legislative history of the City of Vernon and acting as the custodian of the city seal;
- processing Public Records Act requests;
- preparing and posting agendas for legislative city meetings;
- certifying resolutions, ordinances and the minutes of legislative city meetings;
- management of official City records
- conducting municipal elections;
- providing campaign disclosures and voter registration information;
- serving as the official filing officer, as prescribed by the Fair Political Practices Commission and pursuant to the City's conflict of interest code; and
- overseeing the formal bid process.
The City Clerk oversees filming in the City of Vernon. Film permits are handled by Film LA.
For more information on the following, please click on the links below: