To serve and support the Public, City Council, other City Council appointed governing bodies, and City Staff with a high standard of service in the management, preservation of, and accessibility to the official City records and legislative actions; to administer and conduct elections ensuring the integrity of the democratic process; and to provide these services efficiently with the utmost professionalism, with a commitment to open and transparent governance.
The city clerk plays a key role in ensuring that Vernon's government is run effectively. The clerks' responsibilities include:
- certifying and maintaining the legislative history of the City of Vernon and acting as the custodian of the city seal;
- processing Public Records Act requests;
- preparing and posting agendas for legislative city meetings;
- recording resolutions, ordinances and the minutes of legislative city meetings;
- management of official City records
- conducting general and municipal elections;
- providing campaign disclosures and voter registration information;
- serving as the official filing officer, as prescribed by the Fair Political Practices Commission and pursuant to the City's conflict of interest code; and
- overseeing the formal bid process.
For more information on the following, please click on the links below: