City of Vernon California

Report Utility Theft

Help keep our city safe - Energy and water theft is a serious offense that is hazardous and illegal. Preventing theft protects our city and, in turn, utility rates. When someone steals energy or water, unfortunately, everyone pays.

Why Should I Report Energy or Water Theft?

Both fraud and theft of electric and water service result in increased rates for customers. Tampering with electric meters poses a serious danger to you, your employees, utility personnel, surrounding businesses and property. Intrusions can result in severe injury, electrocution, fire, explosions and, in some cases, even death. Disturbing water meters and fire hydrants is also very dangerous and illegal.

How Do I Report Energy or Water Theft?

If you suspect someone of tampering with, or receiving unauthorized use of electric or water service, please report it through the:
Call the City of Vernon Police Department 323-587-5171
Call the City of Vernon Control Room 323-826-1461
Your call can be anonymous and will remain confidential if you so choose.
The City of Vernon Light & Power department works diligently to stop fraud, theft, and unauthorized consumption of electric and water service. We strive to provide safety to the public and utility personnel, continuity of service, and affordable electricity and water rates to our customers.
We greatly appreciate your support.